There is often a need for expert advice when it comes to navigating support systems for elders. Whether it’s finding and evaluating local medical options, places to live, support at home or just brainstorming our way through change, I enjoy guiding seniors and their families through these questions.
I draw on many years of experience in psychology and therapy as well as emergency work, and I find that all of that is applicable in my work.
From 1995-2007, I owned and operated a wonderful assisted living home. Since 2007 I have been in private practice in the Boulder/Denver area as an eldercare professional and continue to find this work with older people and their families engaging and rewarding.
My consultation services for family members include:
- Guiding families whose elders may need to relocate into a long term care facility and/or senior community. I team with families to find the appropriate place and navigate the transition process.
- Assisting families who are looking for in-home be it provided by independent caregivers or home care agencies for their elders.
- Helping with medical care management via tele-health, tracking medications, advocating for elders, serving as the liaison with doctors, maintaining records, and, after any requisite COVID quarantine, accompanying elders to medical appointments.
- Consulting with spousal caregivers.
- Providing families and colleagues information about the most suitable local resources.
- Writing assessments which include: a client’s medical history, personal history and treatment plan outline.
- Discussing spiritual needs and options, such as local churches, synagogues and meditation centers.
- Offering meditation instruction, also known as daily quiet time for peaceful contemplation.
- Consulting with new care managers who need supervision and guidance.
Note about COVID: I’ve found that consultations via phone and/or online video are effective means of communicating and processing the challenges of caring for our seniors during this pandemic.
In order to maintain a COVID social distancing p practice where we protect each other, I am reachable by phone, Face Time, Zoom and when the weather permits, meeting outside, while abiding by CDC protocols.
I can be reached at 720-217-9614 and firstname.lastname@example.org